The Sinking City
“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
— H.P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories”
The Sinking City is a game of investigation and mystery taking place in a fictional open world inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft.
The player steps into the shoes of a 1920s private investigator who finds himself in the city of Oakmont Massachusetts, New England. A city suffering from unprecedented floods of clearly supernatural origins. A city trembling on the brink of madness.
Can you survive this beleaguered town and untangle the mysteries responsible for its tragic situation or will you be driven beyond madness yourself?
Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC on June 27th 2019. Preorder now for exclusive bonuses: https://thesinkingcity.com/en
Here’s the latest trailer posted today, May 22nd 2019:-
Coming to Nintendo Switch soon later this year! See the announcement trailer:-
In the 1920s, on the East Coast of the United States, the half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You’re a private investigator, uncovering the truth of what has possessed the city and corrupted the minds of its inhabitants… and yours.
Tortured by his past and otherworldly visions, Charles W. Reed, a private investigator finds himself in Oakmont, Massachusetts, seeking salvation from the creeping insanity that afflicts him.
Once a trade harbor, known for its lucrative smuggling business, Oakmont now lives in secluded isolation from the rest of the world, under a flood of supernatural origins.
In this place of decay and superstition; players will have to deal with the dregs of mankind, follow clues they wish they had never found, and unveil a cosmic horror threatening the world
- An oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft.
- A vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, in a diving suit…
- High replay value thanks to an open investigation system: each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions.
- An arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures.
- Manage your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness
Gameplay by the creators with commentary posted on 30th April 2019:-
Game’s Website:– https://thesinkingcity.com/en
Follow the game on Twitter:- https://twitter.com/thesinkingcity
Like the Game Page on FaceBook– https://www.facebook.com/TheSinkingCityGame
Epic Games Store Page for the Game:– https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-sinking-city/home
You can receive a free copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter when you pre-purchase the Standard or Necronomicon Edition of The Sinking City from the Epic Games store. Your free game will be available to download and play right away!
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter will appear in your library immediately following your pre-purchase of The Sinking City.
- The Sinking City will also appear in your library; however, it will be unavailable to play until it’s official release date on June 27, 2019.
- Check the offer here- https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-sinking-city/faq
The pre-order offer is also available for PS4 and Xbox One, as ‘Day One Edition’. More information on this page:-
Digital with the free Sherlock Holmes The Devil’s Daughter game:- https://thesinkingcity.com/en/buy/standard
Digital Necronomicon (All goodies with the free game):- https://thesinkingcity.com/en/buy/necronomicon
Physical with map and other goodies:- https://thesinkingcity.com/en/buy/dayone
Steam Page of the Game (2020 Release estimated, Epic Games Exclusive for now):- https://store.steampowered.com/app/750130/The_Sinking_City/
Official Website of FrogWares:- http://frogwares.com/games/
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and let us know!
If you like Lovecraft Horror, you may also like the following:-
- WORLD OF HORROR- A Cosmic Horror Role Playing Game inspired by Junji Ito Manga & H.P. Lovecraft coming to PS4, Steam & Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Moons of Madness: Sci-Fi Mars Exploration Lovecraft Horror Game has a Reveal Trailer & Release Date!
- “The Gentleman #1: Darkness of the Void” – Comic Review
- “Krampus + H.P. Lovecraft” – Loot Fright
Thank you so much for reading this! For more news and reviews of horror movies like this, please support EHPodcasts by sharing this post, liking our Facebook page, subscribing to our YouTube channel , following us on Twitter ,Instagram and listening to our podcasts, now on many platforms given below:
KEEP UP WITH THE PODCAST
Please Bookmark our site or Set as your Home Page:- http://ehpodcasts.com
Please Donate via PayPal to help the noble cause of promoting horror genre & indie horror creators:– http://paypal.me/ehpodcasts
LISTEN TO US ON
Google Play Music:- http://bit.ly/EHGooglePlay
Stay Scary & Support Horror Games!