Pathologic 2 is a horror game by Ice-Pick Lodge and published on 23 May 2019 by tinyBuild. Originally planned as a remake of the 2005 video game Pathologic, it has been set to be a complete reimagining of the original game. Available for the platforms:- Microsoft Windows, Macintosh operating systems, Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Pathologic 2 is an open world survival thriller set in a town that’s being consumed by a deadly plague. Face the realities of a collapsing society as you make difficult choices in seemingly lose-lose situations. The plague isn’t just a disease. You can’t save everyone.
Get to know it, winning the affection of the locals and gaining allies, or try to carve your own path alone. Explore the Town, its inhabitants, and their traditions; fight both the plague itself and its victims; try to make a difference before the time runs out.
Figure out who killed your father while fighting a deadly plague. It’s up to you to assume his mantle of the town’s Chief Medic.
Find your alleged twin sister. Was she the one who had brought the plague to this town?
The local kids are hiding something. Try playing by their rules.
You only have 12 days to survive!
- 12 days in an odd town ravaged by a deadly disease.
- Time is of the essence: if you don’t manage it carefully, it’ll simply run out. You’ll have to choose how to spend the priceless minutes you have.
- Survival thriller. You’ll have to manage your bodily functions, offsetting hunger, thirst, exhaustion, and so on. It doesn’t boil down to scavenging resources. Surviving on your own is hard; you’ll have to win over allies.
- An uphill battle. Managing your bodily parameters may seem bearable at first, and as time goes by, it becomes harder and harder. Your own body is only waiting for an opportunity to give up and betray you. Things are changing from bad to worse and the odds are stacked against you.
- A duel with an enemy you can’t kill. Your main foe is the plague itself, an incorporeal and malevolent entity that you have to defeat… without having the means to. It’s more powerful and more treacherous than you can imagine.
- Loot, murder, mug, steal, barter, beg… or don’t. You need resources to survive, and it’s up to you how to obtain them.
- The fights are short, ungraceful, and vicious. They’re not always lethal though. Many people—yourself included—would prefer to exchange their wallet for their life
“I can’t help but be compelled by a game so enthusiastically bizarre”
9/10 – Paste Magazine
“Ten times more interesting than your average immersive sim”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“Is Pathologic 2 a triumph of artistic expression showcasing how games don’t have to follow a formula and can more than you expect? Unquestionably, yes!”
7/10 – Game Skinny
Official website:- https://www.pathologic-game.com/
GOG.com Page:– https://www.gog.com/game/pathologic_2
Info about Pathologic Classic HD:-
Pathologic Classic HD is the Definitive Edition of the original Cult Classic Psychological First-Person Survival game. In this unforgettable experience, players control one of three unique characters as they try to save a mysterious town from a deadly plague that cannot be stopped.
Pathologic Classic HD on Steam:- https://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/Pathologic_Classic_HD/
Pathologic Classic HD on GOG.com:- https://www.gog.com/game/pathologic_classic_hd
An indie cult classic with gameplay features like:-
- 12 days in a plague-ridden town. Time is running, and mostly it’s running out; numerous events unfold, whether you’re there to witness them or not.
- 70+ hours of real-time gameplay without grinding or repetitive quests. As time goes by, more and more things happen, inviting you to participate and change the course of events.
- 3 playable characters with 3 unique storylines. The Bachelor’s, the Haruspex’s, and the Changeling’s plots are interconnected, but every side of the trilemma is represented separately via unique events, quests, dialogues, and subplots.
- The plot is critically acclaimed and often regarded as the high point of the game. It’s not just about the fate of the dying town—it’s about an ideological conflict, represented by a multitude of characters and factions, each with their own idea of what life, death, and miracles are.
- An open-world game. While the plot is there to grab you, the town has no artificial boundaries: you are free to explore it from day one, carving out your own story.
- Survival is tough. The dying town demands that you constantly keep an eye on your status, maintaining a full belly and decent immunity. That will require tough choices.
- Communicate, barter, rob, or steal. There are many ways to acquire your bare necessities, each of them with its own benefits and drawbacks.
- The atmosphere of bleakness and despair without cartoonish evil or bad guys. Playtime is over—there will be no jump scares or simple solutions. You will have to do it the hard
Ice-Pick Lodge on Twitter:– https://twitter.com/IcePickLodge
tinyBuild on Twitter:- https://twitter.com/tinyBuild
What are your thoughts on this game? Thinking of buying it? Please let us know through your valuable comments!
If you like Plague Survival Games, you may also like our “A Plague Tale: Innocence” – Video Game Review
Thank you so much for reading this! For more news and reviews of horror games like this, please support EHPodcasts by sharing this post, liking our Facebook page, subscribing to our YouTube channel , following us on Twitter ,Instagram and listening to our podcasts, now on many platforms given below:
KEEP UP WITH THE PODCAST
Please Bookmark our site or Set as your Home Page:- http://ehpodcasts.com
Please Donate via PayPal to help the noble cause of promoting horror genre & indie horror creators:– http://paypal.me/ehpodcasts
LISTEN TO US ON
Google Play Music:- http://bit.ly/EHGooglePlay
Stay Scary & Support Horror Games!