After 22 successful Kickstarter campaigns, and orders fulfilled, AfterLight Comics launched the Kickstarter campaign for the Trade paperback Edition of Ghost Island Horror Graphic Novel, which is popularly dubbed as “Jurassic Park but with ghosts”!! Please read on to know more about it, the link to the Kickstarter from where you can get yourself a copy (PDF / paperback), more rewards, and also official information from the creator team!
This product is Kickstarter ONLY so be sure to grab it before the opportunity is lost!
Synopsis of the horror series- Ghost Island:-
On a remote island, a wealthy entrepreneur has secretly created a theme park full of imprisoned ghosts he has collected over time. Before opening the attraction to the public he enlists the help of a small group of people to assist him. One of them being Josh Evans a troubled psychic with a dark past. Whilst Josh battles accusations over the disappearance of his wife, he is scheduled the task of entering the spirit world & exploring some of the evil minds of the ghosts that lay within the island, but at what cost. In an epic finale, Josh has his world turned upside down as he unlocks the truth to his past.
Launched on Kickstarter – MARCH 1st 2021.
Visit and support today- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostislandcomic/ghost-island-trade-paperback
Official Info from Kickstarter:-
Ghost Island is a 180+ page black & white supernatural horror comic series “Dubbed as Jurassic Park but with Ghosts.”
On a remote island, a wealthy entrepreneur has secretly created a theme park full of imprisoned ghosts that he has collected over time.
Before opening the attraction to the public he enlists the help of a small group of people to assist him. They are a journalist, apprentice, watchmen & his son and Josh Evans a troubled psychic with a dark past.
Whilst Josh battles accusations over the disappearance of his wife, he has been scheduled the task of entering the spirit world & exploring some of the evil minds of the ghosts that lay within the island, but at what cost.
THE WHOLE SERIES – ALL SIX ISSUES COLLECTED | PAGE COUNT – 180 PAGES
- All six previous single issues were funded via Kickstarter. Earlier single issues are now sold out & aren’t returning to print…Ever. This will be the first time to collect the whole Supernatural Horror series in one book.
First Edition Print
- Only available through Kickstarter for the first time. There’ll only be a limited print run of first edition copies making this a must for Collectors. Once these are gone, they are gone. There’ll be text inside the book identifying that it is a true first edition copy.
The Making of Pages
- Exclusive look at the behind-the-scenes making of pages. See first-hand what went into the pages with the original pencil link work.
Bible of Ghosts
- Pinups from nine 9 unique artists bringing just a handful of some of the spirits from Ghost Island.
- Early conceptions of the main character, Josh Evans.
- The Script Excerpts from never before seen from earlier issues.
- Parts of every single issue have now been re-lettered to a higher level of standard to improve the reading experience and enhance the quality of the book.
Add-ons are rewards backers can add to their pledges: —any extra item that complements the primary reward. These rewards will appear after you’ve pledged.
From one of our most successful campaigns of 2020.
A Folklore Game that pitches the darkest creatures in mythology against each other.
Clash of the Cryptids is a 2 or 4 player card game that holds a collection of 40 cards printed on premium cardstock in metallic ink. Each card displays unique Cryptid art alongside a creature biography and five measured statistics. From Fear factor, Strength, Stealth, Mythos and deadliness. Featuring the Wendigo, Mothman, Big Foot & many more.
- ELENA; [224 Pages] A man with a distorted idea of love finds himself unable to make friends with the living.
- Folktales Of The Cryptids Vol.1 & Vol 2; [36 Pages Each] A collection of four Horror tales each based on a mythical creature. Featuring The Mothman, The Chupacabra and more…
- Rise Of The Goatman; [32 Pages] A family stumble upon a disturbing truth while staying in a cabin in the woods.
- Birth Of The Goatman; [40 Pages] A lone detective investigates the death of a family at a cabin in the woods which leads to an even darker discovery.
- The Making of Rise of the Goatman [32 Pages] Featuring the original linework of all the pages in the book, including concept designs of The Goatman.
- The Making of Birth of the Goatman [40 Pages] Featuring the original linework of all the pages in the book, including variant cover sketches.
- Wendigo Wood #1-#3; [ 24 pages each] A retired war veteran’s search for his missing daughter leads him to a forest home to the urban legend of the Wendigo.
- Stay Awake #1-#4; [ 112 Pages] Isaac Banks, a psychologist is forced to revisit the cases of three of his former patients when a detective reveals that each has died under suspicious circumstances.
DAVE SWARTZ – COVER ARTIST
Dave Swartz is many things including, but not in the least limited to, an Artist, a Writer, a Teacher, a Philosopher, A Podcaster, and Overall silly freakin’ dude! He writes and colors the hit comic book series by Alterna Comics called ‘Feast or Famine’, all about an alternate version of Tesla & Einstein, partnered together to explore the cosmos!
He’s also worked on the Wicked Righteous: Genesis Series for Alterna, and previously self-published a 200 page Graphic Novel called ‘Atlas:ORIGINS’, about a metaphysical superhero.
Finally, he teaches Art & Design part time at the College for Creative Studies in downtown Detroit, MI.
AfterLight Comics is an Independent Horror Comics Publisher based in Wales, United Kingdom. Established by Writer/Founder Joseph Oliveira in late 2017.
We’ve published over a dozen Horror Comic titles including Folk-Horror Series Wendigo Wood, Supernatural Horror Ghost Island, Psychological Horror Stay Awake, Rise of the Goatman and more…
We believe we hold the candlelight for all of your Horror Comic reading needs🕯️
All 22 of our previous Kickstarters have been funded & fulfilled!
Risks and challenges
The risk potential for this project is very low as the artwork for the comic is almost finished. This is our 23rd Kickstarter campaign, all our previous campaigns have been fulfilled to date. We post daily on our social media pages to show you the progress we are making on this project every single day. Check it out! Facebook: AfterLight Comics Twitter: @afterlightcomic Instagram: @Afterlightcomics
READY TO SUPPORT? VISIT TODAY-
Catch Up On the Reviews
- GI: The Invitation #1
- GI: Crossing Over #2
- GI: Aftermath #3
- GI: Possession #4
- GI: The Exorcism #5
- Comic Review: Ghost Island: The Final Chapter #6
- Interview: Joseph Oliveira | Ghost Island: The Finale
- Upcoming Titles of 2020 | April 1, 2020
- Afterlight Comics | June 3, 2019
Official Site: http://afterlightcomics.com
Thank you so much for reading this! Please share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below.
For more news and reviews of horror comics / graphic novels like this, please support us by sharing this post, liking our Facebook page, subscribing to our YouTube channel , following us on Twitter ,Instagram
Horror Needs You! Please Donate to Everlasting Hauntings // Everything Horror Podcast via PayPal to help the noble cause of promoting horror genre & indie horror creators:– http://paypal.me/ehpodcasts OR Support us on Patreon:- https://www.patreon.com/ehpodcasts
Please subscribe to our Newsletter:—> http://bit.ly/ehpnewsletter
Please check out our Horror Short Films:-
KEEP UP WITH THE Horror News & Reviews!
Please Bookmark our site or Set as your Home Page:- http://ehpodcasts.com
Connect with us on SOCIAL MEDIA
Instagram:- https://www.instagram.com/everlastinghauntings/ (Podcast Instagram Archive)- http://instagram.com/EHPodcasts
Our YouTube (Gaming Videos, Unboxing, Updates, & Podcast Archives)- http://bit.ly/EHPodcastYT
Stay Scary, Support Indie Horror Comics & Tell us #WhatsHauntingYou ?